Monday, April 25, 2011

Running some more!

As some of you may know, I recently ran my first race! It was the Patriot's Day 5 Mile Road Race in Lexington, on (obviously) Patriot's Day. I actually did really well! I ran it in 41:35, which was way faster than I expected.

Also, they gave us these little band things that we had to strap around our left ankles to give us our time. And hey, it rubbed the skin right off my leg. So by the time I crossed the finish line, I apparently was bleeding. Who knew! Certainly not me, I can tell you.

Anyway, because I did so well on this one, I am thinking of signing up for the 7-mile Falmouth Road Race in August. A little bit nervous about that one, but I think I can do it! I found out my epically long run is just over 6 miles, so in time I'm pretty confident I can make it to 7. For those of you who aren't from Massachusetts, Falmouth is on Cape Cod, so that should at the very least be pretty.

And WHO'S READY FOR SPRING. I know I am. Thank goodness it's pretty much here!

6 comments:

Lee Cannon said...

You don't know me, my name is Lee. I stumbled upon your blog today and enjoyed your entries. I am also a runner, but I live in Salt Lake City. Be careful about those races, once you start, it so hard to stop! So addicting! Anyway, wanted to say thanks for writing and swing by my blog sometime and you'll get a guaranteed laugh! leelee

http://leecannon.blogspot.com

vectorstyle said...

happy spring time

zaba said...

blogwalking...

samyyyr said...

I wish you all the best for your 7 mile falmouth road race... :)
Keep Running :))

Amirshaw said...

Wow nice! I love road races, 5 mile ones are my favorite! Good luck!

Unknown said...

I wish I had the stamina to run a marathon. :/ Soon, I shall. *hopes*