Thursday, January 21, 2010

That last post was NOT MINE. Plus, donate to the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure!

Hi everyone. Sorry for my prolonged absence. I had lost interest in my blog for quite some time. Months, I believe. But no longer!

First of all, I want to say that last post was not me. It was my mother who accidentally put it on my blog and not the one for the music boosters. I apologize for that.

Here is what is happening with me, in case you are out of the loop. I am going to grad school in less than a week, starting on Tuesday, for library science at Simmons in Boston. I'm actually really excited; I'll be concentrating on Youth Services, which is pretty much perfect for me. I just need to get some scholarship money and then I'll be all set. *fingers crossed*

I have also recently decided and registered for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure walk, which is kind of a big deal. I have agreed to raise a minimum of $2,300 by the time of the walk, which is in mid-July. It's going to be challenging; not only do I have a large sum to meet, but the walk itself is 60 miles over three days. Please donate generously to the cause. Apparently I can't post the link here because blogger is stupid, so go to www.the3day.org and search for my name, that will take you to my page. I'll also try to get the widget posted on here somehow. I'm so bad with website things. But all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law, and the net proceeds of the event will be invested in community-based breast health programs and breast cancer research (the research funded focuses on decreasing breast cancer incidence and mortality in the next decade).

If you would like to dedicate your donation to someone in your life who has been affected by the disease, you are more than welcome to add that name when you donate online. That's also the fastest and easiest way to donate.

Anyway. Part of the REASON I have stopped blogging was that my computer died. Again. Yes, one last time, because I decided it was not worth fixing. Nope. I finally got a replacement about 2 weeks ago, and what a replacement it is. A nice new 13" MacBook Pro, ready to help me get my master's degree. It's super exciting, I'm not gonna lie, and I got this super cool decal for the back, which is a picture of Snow White holding the apple on the back. She's wearing a kerchief around her face, bandit style, and the title is Snow White's Revenge. Everyone at the Apple Store thought it was wicked awesome. And that's because it IS.

So that's it for right now. I am sorry to have disappeared, but now I'm hoping things will be more regular. I tweet, but a tweet can only tell you so much. I have to figure out how to add that widget though. And my Susan G. Komen widget. (Please donate!)

3 comments:

Grizzly Girl said...

If you're looking at your actual blog, up in the right-hand corner of the screen, it will say "Customize". Click that. It should show the layout of your blog. On the Right side of the layout, is will say "Add a widget". Click that, and you can search for both of them.

Hope if helps! ♥

Molloy said...

Wow, it is so good to see that you are posting again.

I remember you mentioning Simmons about a year ago, but I had no idea you had decided to actually start this past Tuesday. Are you still working part-time at B&N or does that conflict with your schedule or Simmons regulations. I remember when I was a TA at UM that the rules forbid TAs from holding down jobs -- a rule that was flaggrantly broken by everyone.

I wish I could donate to the cause, but that may have to wait until after I receive my tax refund.

If I don't see you for a while, best of luck!

BTW ~ The MacBook sounds pretty sweet. They are far superior machines. I HATE my PC (or, more specifically, my brother-in-law's old PC).

Tahleen said...

Thanks Grizzly Girl! I'll try it.

Jeff, I am still working at B&N, four days a week. I only go to class twice a week, Tuesday mornings and Wednesday nights. And thanks for the luck! I'll see you around probably.