Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Dancing is fun, and Darcy is sexy.

Two things about yesterday.

1. Zumba is super fun. We danced for pretty much a straight hour. And it wasn't just all old people. There were a few girls I went to high school with (all older) and, oddly enough, the mother of a childhood friend (we did some catching up). But we were moving around so much it didn't really matter who I knew because we didn't have much time to talk.

2. Lost in Austen might be one of the most entertaining and sexiest reincarnations of any Austen creation I have ever seen. Characters were given way more depth and were much more complex (and likable, I found) than in the original novel (except Collins who was even more repulsive, a difficult feat). I have never been more in love with Darcy than in this BBC miniseries and I urge all of you who are interested in men to check out this scene in particular, and I will most likely be dreaming of it for weeks to come: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNw9vDj-PCs

Also, and I never thought I'd say this, but I think I'm in love with Wickham too. I LOVED him.

And a fun surprise about Caroline Bingley. I'm not going to tell you what.

No comments: