Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I haven't done this since third grade.

Tonight I, along with three other lovely B&N ladies, paper mached a giant chess piece for the Breaking Dawn event on Friday. You know, the book release I've been telling pretty much everyone about. By the way, you should come. It will be amazing, if only for the absolutely RIDICULOUS outfits and anticipation that will completely take over the store. Edward Cullen is to teenage girls as the Jonas Brothers are to tween girls. Except followers of Cullen think about sex. Ugh, I just made myself uncomfortable. I'm sorry for putting you through that.

I'm just hoping our masterpiece doesn't A) get ripped apart by some animal that makes its way into Dee's garage, B) gets peed on by said hypothetical animal, C) ends up disintigrating because it is too muggy or something, or D) just looks like crap. Out of all four choices, D is the most likely. Though I still think it was a brilliant idea to use a Burger King crown for the top part of the chess piece, which is in fact a queen (kudos to Amy M on that one). Also kudos to Amy for volunteering to paint the thing by herself on Thursday as the rest of us will be at work, and for also painting the black squares on the chess board. I think we can all imagine the horrible atrocity that would be the result had I been left to do this job.

My most important job all night was taking pictures. And I plan on developing them, oh yes I do. You'll thank me when you see them, B&N employees.

Also on a side note, Stepbrothers is probably the most pointless and hilarious (ly inappropriate) movie I have ever seen. Zaven says it's the funniest movie he's ever seen, period. Especially if all the other audience members are riotous teenagers.

No comments: