Friday, August 1, 2008

I have a large iced tea from Dunkin Donuts next to me. Let me tell you why.

This morning at 5:45, I got up to get ready to go to B&N. At 6:30. Why? I needed to help set up for the fantastic Breaking Dawn release tonight. So for two and a half hours, I moved fake Christmas trees to the second level and hung up white Christmas lights to the ceiling with bent paperclips and a ladder.

At nine I left, not to go home, but to come here, my internship at B*tween. Fabulous. I am amazed I lasted as long as I did without any kind of food or caffeine -- I had a piece of coffee cake that Kim so kindly brought the workers this morning at the store and that was about it until 1:15. Thank God Bobbie had me train this guy for monitoring -- I don't know if I could have done the task she had given me (it is SO BORING and now I know I never want to work in PR, as she told me it is a common task entry-level PR people do). Basically I'm collating coverage on a word document. It's great fun.

This is why I need the iced tea. My day isn't even half over, and I'm exhausted.

I get to go back to B&N later today to work the actual event, which I must say I'm looking forward to if only because girls are ABSOLUTELY INSANE about this whole series. There was a line of around 30 people this morning, waiting for the store to open just to get their wristbands (which will either determine their place in line if they reserved a book or will get them a book if they haven't reserved).

God bless Dunkies and FM radio.

No comments: