Sunday, March 28, 2010

AGAIN WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

AGAIN I can't sleep! Right now I'm trying to do my homework, which I started at 6 am, because I couldn't fall asleep. I'm freaking out internally about this job prospect I have, I am one of two people they are considering for a young adult librarian position and I don't know if I'm going to be any good at it because I've never worked at a library before. I am worried that I'll get the job and then won't be able to perform the duties because I won't have any idea how to. I'll have some help, but I'd mostly be on my own. Why is it that I have such a hard time coping with new responsibilities? I wish I weren't afraid and could just tackle them head-on without a hitch. And I know it's the same for most people when they start a new job, but I can't help it.

Bah. I also have a cold and just ran out of tissues. LIFE amiright?

So. Sorry about my early morning freak-out session; I think I am going to try to get a couple more hours of sleep before I have to get up for church. At least I only have to be vegetarian for one more week. Then it will be Easter. And properly springtime (if the weather will only comply).

6 comments:

MGall31087 said...

Don't worry you'll get the job and you'll be great! You kinda mentioned it in your blog but I'm in the same situation getting into a job and having no idea what to do. People are there to help you and you'll get the hang of it. Don't stress everything works out for the best :)

Molloy said...

About a year after I got married, I had a "career" change. The new job included a significant jump in pay, yet I had no idea what I was going to do. For the first week, I had a nervous stomach every morning before my morning commute. What advice I can pass on is limited to selecting some anti-anxiety medication other than paxil--it gives you wicked dry-mouth.

Seriously, yo have the benefit of being up for a job in your field. Your passion, if nothing else, will see you through. :)

Tahleen said...

Thank you guys. I'm glad I have support for my melt-downs and advice from people who've been through what I might have to go through! :)

MIKE said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas

Sadako said...

Yeah! Hugs and tissues!

Spread Positivity. said...

"Thoughts become things, so think the good ones". Mike Dooley